Print Thread
#95021 21/08/04 11:42 AM
H
Hagadol Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
H
Can I automate the channel opening process, so when I log on to MIRC it auto opens default channels, rather than havign to slect them ?

#95022 21/08/04 12:00 PM
W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
if you mean auto joining, mirc has built in options for this:
Favorites
(on the menubar)
then add the channels you want

#95023 21/08/04 02:08 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I see you were helped with an ON CONNECT event in another post. The same could apply to auto joining channels, on top of the Favorites list. An example of using an ON CONNECT event to join channels automatically can be found in this thread.

You could also use the mIRC Perform section. A lot of people prefer this as it's more 'user friendly' than learning scripting. To access the Perform section, go to ALT+O > Connect > Options > [Perform...]. You can click on the 'Add' button to make commands only be performed when you connect to certain networks. Otherwise, to have commands performed on all networks you connect to, choose 'All Networks' from the drop down list. Then, in the big white text box, type the commands on separate lines that you wish to have mIRC execute when you connect. Check the box at the top to enable Perform, and then press 'OK'. Alternatively, press 'OK' and type /perform on.

For more help with Perform, see /help perform.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard