Print Thread
#94932 20/08/04 07:02 PM
J
Jaillyn Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
I know there have been multiple suggestions to boost the colors to 32 instead of 16.

I have suggested this before, but the post is gone, as it seems the forum was wiped of old posts awhile ago, so I am going to suggest this once more.

I have a color suggestion to make it where you can add colors on specific areas to your mirc, but not affect the normal 16 colors. Like say, you have something you want in a specific color, but you don't want it to affect everything else. You know, you want it to be YOUR color, and ONLY yours.

Like say, we want to make a different type of red color, but we don't want to modify any of the standard 16 colors, and we're not going to use it in chat. We're going to use it for notify or the nicklist or something of the sort.

That's all I have for my suggestion really. It'd make theming for mIRC easier and better, as people could use a wider color range in new and fun ways. ^_^

Well, more commentation. I wouldn't make it where it was turned on with every mIRC. People would turn it on themselves to enable the colors, in case someone has a computer that lacks support for it. You know, keep the compatibility going. Don't want it turned on when people don't know how to use it. They'd have to choose to use these new colors.

And well, of course, these colors wouldn't be selectable when talking on IRC. They're going to be only your colors, after all.

#94933 20/08/04 08:13 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
If I understand you correctly, this is already available.

Press ALT+ K > right-click on one of the 16 colours > click "define custom colors"

Is this what you want?

#94934 20/08/04 11:19 PM
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
I don't think it is. The OP wants a completely different set of colors for all the text types in the alt-k menu.

Maybe another way to explain/implement it is to not select the color for action text (or any other text) by clicking on one of the 16 squares below, but by having a color dialog (like the rightclick in the boxes) come up to select a custom color.

So, if someone sends you a text with ctrl-k codes in it, it's displayed in the corresponding colors from the 16 boxes in alt-k menu, but if they don't use ctrl-k, the Normal text color (and Action text color and ...) can be any color availiable to the system, not just one of those 16...

Hope this makes it more clear...

#94935 21/08/04 05:55 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
" have suggested this before, but the post is gone, as it seems the forum was wiped of old posts awhile ago, so I am going to suggest this once more."

Just as a side note, you made a post about colours in july, 2003, which is still there, altho you may be referring to a diff post. When searching, be sure to adjust the search parameters to all forums and all dates to get the best results. In this case however, i just clicked on your nick, then on "show all users posts".

we did have a sad loss of the original msg board threads due to a fire in Nov, 2002.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#94936 23/08/04 07:29 AM
W
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
W
I strongly support this idea, it seems silly to force the 16 used colorcodes in the networkcode onto all non-network related items and I often felt that it should be enhanced and seperated.

#94937 06/09/04 08:14 AM
J
Jaillyn Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
Ah, I see now. I couldn't figure out how to get to the thread before, so I remade. sorry about that. I just reaaaally really like my idea.

#94938 08/09/04 05:00 AM
D
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
D
perhaps an identifier such as $customcolor(R,G,B) where you can /echo or /say or however you are using it with your ctrl-switches. you would still ctrl-k but instead of using one of the default 16, $+ $customcolor(R,G,B) and manualy define the RGB values of that color... sure, it would be a bit annoying having to get the RGB values out of photoshop or whatever software you use......but it would be worth it if you are picky enough to display special colors. take it with a grain of salt smile

Link Copied to Clipboard