Print Thread
#93765 12/08/04 03:26 AM
S
ShinZon Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
i know this was asked before, but it realy would be nice to add suport for uop (user op) like we have $opnick $vnick $hnick

and as you see if hop was added for unreal ircd, why not add uop for conference room, i think it would be fair, even if +o and +v are most common but if +h was added it is fair to add for +u like $unick or something

same goes for ON event, like for ON HELP, it could be added ON USER, or ON UOP...

now many will say "many ppl even dont know/use this mode"
even so it would be nice to have it

all from me

Last edited by ShinZon; 12/08/04 03:27 AM.
#93766 12/08/04 03:54 AM
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
The fact is that unreal ircd and unreal ircd spinoffs sucks. All they are is a bunch of channel and user modes that no one ever uses. The fact is that it is easy to set up, so all the wannabe kiddy opers use it, so they can have an o:line. I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people that set up unreal ircd or unreal ircd spinoffs have less then 10 people on their server and the server will be up for less then a month. I've seen user perfixes from the classic @ % + to . ? ~ and some others I can't think off. Well the moral of this short little story is that there will always be servers that are easy to set up with "moronic" modes. I don't think mIRC should keep up with these modes.

Please excuse all typographical, grammar and spelling errors.

#93767 12/08/04 04:17 AM
S
ShinZon Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
as you said:

" I've seen user perfixes from the classic @ % + "
"-" (uop) is a classic same as %, only thing is that it was never added as % hop did

#93768 12/08/04 06:44 AM
S
ShinZon Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
Quote:
The fact is that unreal ircd and unreal ircd spinoffs sucks. All they are is a bunch of channel and user modes that no one ever uses

if you look it from creators view it doesnt suck, for difference of conference room that savent been changed for years, unreal in every version has some updates and new commands that are made to please certan users.
It is good to see that some ircd is advancing in every version on higher level, i am not shure that you can say this for CR

Quote:
The fact is that it is easy to set up, so all the wannabe kiddy opers use it

maybe many users use it because it is free and already have services added, ppl can take any ircd but for 70% cases they would program own services and imo they dont have knowledge for it or it takes too long to make such things

#93769 12/08/04 09:38 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
on rawmode already supports every goddamn mode you can think of

and $nick also support every goddamn mode letter anyone could ever wan't to have to use though help file only lists aohvr

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
#93770 12/08/04 10:26 AM
S
ShinZon Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
then be kind and give me example for raw mode since i never saw that shocked

#93771 12/08/04 04:11 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Here's an example of rawmode and a simplified way to catch events for any chanmode you want rolled into one.

I don't think support for more modes should be built into mIRC. As people have already said, there are so many modes and so many variations on them that it's just not practical for mIRC to try and create events for all of them.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#93772 12/08/04 07:17 PM
S
ShinZon Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
thanx

well atleast then it shoud be added in Help file this example on custom modes when searched

Last edited by ShinZon; 12/08/04 07:18 PM.
#93773 13/08/04 08:36 AM
S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
my feeling on the matter is: hard code nothing if you cant support everything. ther hasto be a way to support every mode by makeing it dynamic. by the way that mirc has been developed over the years, it seams that is the way it is eventualy going.

BTW: whats wrong with haveing an irc server with only 10-15 people on it? i have one setup so its just me and my friends. thats all i wanted it for, and thats all i ues it for. Haveing the option to use a ligh, precompiled , and powerfull ircd on a local machine for a small group of friends can only be considered a bad thing by know it all, ignorent, "1337" idiots who dont realise that their way isnt allways right. and everyone dosnt want the same things as them.

Link Copied to Clipboard