mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#93550 10/08/04 10:51 PM
A
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
Sometimes my mIRC icon disappears in my sys tray. I've been having the problem on windows 2000 pro but i just switched to XP and so far it hasn't dissapeared once. Anyone have any info on this problem ?

#93551 14/08/04 08:39 PM
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Most likely this was a Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) issue. I have noticed on many installations of windows, typically ones more than a year or two old, that explorer will often crash and then "reset" itself, and any tray icons that are not running as a system service seem to vanish.

#93552 14/08/04 09:15 PM
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
Also on Windows XP (at least here :P) with the Hiding Systray Icon feature (I dont know the exact name, since my Win is in another language), if the icon spends too much time inactive, XP will automatically hide it. By clicking on the little arrow in systray you can see all icons there.

To set an icon to always show/hide, right click on the taskbar and go to Properties (last icon on the menu). Then on the Taskbar table, click on the last button (Configure or sth like it..). Then its just choosing the icon you want and its behaviour smile

Hope this helps,
Zyzzyx smile

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon

Link Copied to Clipboard