mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
I need some help with this please, i think i may have it wrong but heres the code

Code:
on *:TEXT:!utip:#:/msg $chan click here ut2004://$ip

but i cant seem to get it to work,
What it's supposed to do is on ONTEXT event and then /msg my IP address to the channel
so that ppl who are playing and in my channel can click and join the server
without me having to type it out and make mistakes,

I think the problem lies in the $ip bit (not sure), i have searched the net and help formum and files, maybe i need
to look at the /did again.

I saw something like this in a channel, where the channel op would type
!server and his bot would replay back with Private Server [url=ut2004://XX.12.58.19][url=ut2004://XX.12.58.19][url=ut2004://XX.12.58.19]ut2004://XX.12.58.19[/url][/url][/url] (Channel Ops private server)
What this does is displays the message and the ip, in a sort of hyperlink so that players of UnrealTournament 2004
can click on it within the game and launch straight to the game server. (hope this is clear)

Does anybody have any idea how this could of been done, i want to add it to my bot when i`m playing online

Thanks in advance
ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
ut2004:// $+ $ip

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hi,

I don't know a thing about ut4 and if they can actually double click your ip in this hyperlink construct, but here goes:

on *:TEXT:!utip:#: msg # Click here ut2004:// $+ $ip

The $+ pastes the // with the $ip identifier.

If you only want to enable this when you are playing, you could add a switch and a setting to enable/disable it like:

menu channel {
$iif($group(#utip == on,Disable,Enable) UTIP Script:{
$iif($group(#utip) == on,disable,enable) #utip
}
}

#utip on
on *:TEXT:!utip:#: msg # Click here ut2004:// $+ $ip
#utip end

Btw you could specify the #channels you want this script to work in. Right now it will react in any channel, since it reacts to #

Greets

Gone.
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Reply to both of you, Thanks, hehe

FibreOptics, yeah i think i`ll add the option to turn it on and off, i`ll put it in the bot's code laugh

Yeah will change the #channel name, i know i used # but for the sake of script testing, i`m in two differnet channels
on two different servers (Private and UTChat)

ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Just another way could be:
$+(ut2004://,$ip)

Live to Dream & Dream for Life
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Thanks either way works for me, now all i need is to define a message to display in the channel
or ppl would be wondering what the hell the link was. grin

ShadowDemon

Link Copied to Clipboard