Print Thread
#93231 07/08/04 10:36 PM
S
Smay Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I've love to see another flag added to /window that would allow you to hide a desktop window completely. I can't really think of a better way to describe it, but I'll just give the programming example smile

The Windows shell API has the ShowWindow(HWND hWnd, int nCmdShow) function, and what I am requesting is something like ShowWindow(N/@Window, SW_HIDE). As far as I can see it would be easy to implement, and would add a nice functionality to a desktop window.

Smay!
#93232 07/08/04 11:23 PM
G
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
G
What's wrong with /window -dh @moo?
Sorry if I'm missing something...

#93233 07/08/04 11:36 PM
S
Smay Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I don't mean hiding it from the taskbar, I mean literally making the window hidden, so that it can't be seen (except in the window list).

Kind of like non-desktop windows with the -h flag.

Smay!
#93234 08/08/04 12:07 AM
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
Although /window -h @windows does it, you can still use the Alt + N keys to get to the window ( 1 < N < 9 )

h = hide switchbar window button (window only appears in Window list) (from the help file)

I'd be happy to see that Alt + N thing disable for windows hidden with -h

Zyzzyx smile

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
#93235 08/08/04 01:45 AM
S
Smay Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
OK, apparently my post didn't make it too clear.

Open mIRC, and open another program, like notepad.

in mIRC, type:
//window -dho +L @Foo -1 -1 100 100

With the window open and on top, position notepad so that the window is covering part of it. Then, in mIRC, type:
//timer 1 10 /window -u @Foo

Before the timer triggers, click on notepad in the taskbar, and do NOT minimize mIRC. You should see the timer expire, which would cause @Foo to lose its "on top" property. However, it will remain the topmost window until another window is activated.

Now, let's say the flag I want is /window -j.
Then the timer above would become:
//timer 1 10 /window -j @Foo

If you were to repeat all of the steps i listed above, then when the timer expired, @Foo would actually disappear. I know this will work, because I wrote a DLL to do it, and my timer calls that DLL. I'm just requesting that it become a flag for /window since many people don't trust DLLs, and DLLs add un-needed size to simple projects like the one I'm working on.

Smay!

Link Copied to Clipboard