Print Thread
#92118 29/07/04 03:02 PM
J
Jae Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
J
I'd loce to see PNG transparency to work.. and even better the alpha channel...
One thign i've noticed is that now since i've changed to using Mozilla Firefox .. how useful PNG's with the alpha channel is... seeing as IE doesnt yet support such a convenient little technology.

Cheers

#92119 31/07/04 01:22 AM
A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
I don't think that transparent PNGs' are supported by 98 or ME. I'm not sure about it, but I think it's only supported on XP and 2K, so it would be useless as it wouldn't be supported by every OS.

#92120 31/07/04 02:46 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I wouldn't say it was useless - people generally should be upgrading when possible, not sticking with dangerously vulnerable software from the last century. Reluctance to update shouldn't be used as an excuse to hold back product improvement and development.

#92121 31/07/04 03:11 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
people generally should be upgrading when possible, not sticking with dangerously vulnerable software from the last century.

People should upgrade when they NEED to not when they're told to by the industry that would makem money off of it. Besides, we all know all MS OS's are volnurable to one thing or another, so should we upgrade to something else?

Reluctance to update shouldn't be used as an excuse to hold back product improvement and development.

Agreed, but forcing people to upgrade shouldnt be acceptable even if MS says it is. By your logic, I should use XP cause it's most up to date, but I chose not to. Why should I upgrade FROM something that works perfectly well for my needs? That's what peoploe in general have to keep in mind and if that means they cant use an option, it's their loss.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#92122 31/07/04 03:33 AM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
don't ya love it when people take stuff way out of context just to cause an argument...

*cough*troll*cough*

#92123 31/07/04 03:42 AM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
yes, coz he is right

#92124 31/07/04 06:55 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
People should upgrade when they NEED to not when they're told to by the industry that would make money off of it. Besides, we all know all MS OS's are volnurable to one thing or another, so should we upgrade to something else?

All OS's are vulnerable, no matter who makes them. If I am wrong then please tell me the name of one OS that has NO vulnerablilities. As one would expect, the fewer vulnerabilities that exists, the less chance there is of being troubled by them. If you think Win 95 is as safe as Win XP then there is something wrong with you.

[Reluctance to update shouldn't be used as an excuse to hold back product improvement and development.]

Agreed, but forcing people to upgrade shouldnt be acceptable even if MS says it is. By your logic, I should use XP cause it's most up to date, but I chose not to. Why should I upgrade FROM something that works perfectly well for my needs

No-one said you had to upgrade. I merely suggested it was good practice. The other thing is that my suggestion applies equally to mIRC as it does to Windows and an upgrade of mIRC costs nothing.

If you want to experience and utilise the latest features you can hardly grumble at software authors for not including the support in outdated software.

Link Copied to Clipboard