Print Thread
#91634 24/07/04 11:24 AM
M
MaThS Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
I would like to know if mIRC will speak others languages, like the most of all other irc client, like iRCle, Snak, etc, (maybe for the website, why not?)

For +c and +r, on IRCle, the menu can be modified, maybe the samething can be done for the central channel settings for adding them if the network you're on allow them..

It could be nice too if a MSG or whatever on mIRC do something like "mIRC 6.16 is release, please update" and something to update IRC server via mIRC.

smile confused

Mathieu @ MaThS
#91635 24/07/04 08:38 PM
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
If you mean support for communicating in other languages, mIRC can do that already. However, mIRC can only use the internal systemwide encoding that Windows uses, so that means that to speak in Chinese, for instance, you need to change your Windows settings so that Windows uses Chinese. The Japanese don't even use the same encoding that Windows does, so that's why there's an option called "SJIS/JIS conversion".

I recommend that you search for the phrase "unicode" or "UTF-8" on this forum and see what I and others have said about the UTF-8 encoding. The UTF-8 encoding can support a wide variety of languages with virtually no fuzz, except for some font problems with Asian languages, and a lack of Asian characters in older implementations. UTF-8 is what's used in Mac OS X and Java.

(One of the threads has a reply from Khaled where he says it's on his todo list... He's got a cute avatar.)

If you mean localized versions of mIRC for the benefit of non-English-speaking users, there is a page dedicated to that here:

http://www.mirc.co.uk/translations/index.html

Happy hunting.

Link Copied to Clipboard