mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
I can detect if a window is maximized or not, but when I try "/window +n @test" to minimize a maximized window, it doesnt do anything. "/window +x @test" also does not seem to work when I try to maximize a window.
Can anyone help me out as to what im doing wrong here? For a script to work, I need to have the windows size minimized.

I had one other questions and will just add it here instead of making a new post.
When im connecting to a server and recieve messages like this "[20:14] -server.my.net- *** Looking up your hostname...", I would like to use them as a trigger for aliases. I tried using on notice and on text, but neither seem to work. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Rooster74; 01/02/03 02:37 AM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
I can detect if a window is maximized or not, but when I try "/window +n @test" to minimize a maximized window, it doesnt do anything. "/window +x @test" also does not seem to work when I try to maximize a window.
Can anyone help me out as to what im doing wrong here? For a script to work, I need to have the windows size minimized.
Use window -n @test and window -x @test (- not +).

Quote:
I had one other questions and will just add it here instead of making a new post.
When im connecting to a server and recieve messages like this "[20:14] -server.my.net- *** Looking up your hostname...", I would like to use them as a trigger for aliases. I tried using on notice and on text, but neither seem to work. Any suggestions?
Use on SNOTICE.

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
When I said minimize and maximize, I ment the window size itself. According to what I understood in the help file, it should do the same thing as clicking the middle "maximize/minimize" button that is next to the close "x" button on the top of each window. But that does not seem to work when I try doing +n or +x.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I said minus n not plus n. So it is /window -n @test. I have no idea what +n and +x do, despite reading the helpfile. Regardless, they are not what you are looking for (from what I understand of your posts).

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
Yes, I read what you said, I understood it, and it wasnt what I wanted. Apparently my choice of words for describing what I wanted wasnt right.

-x did maximize like I had orignally ment but it was not what I really cared about. I had mentioned it as a reference hoping that it would help whoever replied to this post in figuring out what I was meaning. Anyways, I just went and played with all the switches until I found the right one which turned out to be -r.

And my reason for using the +n and +x is because I was confused by the first and third set of switches in the help file, both of which mention maximize and minimize.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
-r is Restore (the non-maximized but still shown state when the middle button has 1 large box and not two overlapping boxes). laugh

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C

Link Copied to Clipboard