Print Thread
#91182 20/07/04 04:53 PM
V
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
V
Hi....
Last night i spent about 5 hours finding out how to "download" files using Mirc. I spent about an hour finding out how to accept incoming files. When i founnd out about that, i had another problem--when it comes to the downloading time it says (in the status bar) connection aborted (or smt like that...sorry it was 2AM when i was doing that). So today i searced the forum about my problems, but couldn't really find waht i need.

So can someone plz.. tell or right the options settings so Mirc would work normally.... i know that it is quite long but i need help, can someone plz tell waht should i have in that "options" menu in order for mirc to work properly.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
No, mIRC is not a file trading program. It is a chat program. IRC means Internet Relay Chat and we believe that it should be used for that purpose, with swapping files with friends one of the many options open to you - swapping files with friends is different from doing nothing but using mIRC as some sort of hybrid of KaZaa and other p2p programs.

You will not find help with that topic on this forum. As one of the sticky topics at the top of this very forum says, 'People, mIRC isn't a file sharing program...'

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
V
OP Offline
V
Yeah but there is a site where you can "download" different things..... i know that it is not called downloading but there people like send you files and stuff... so that what i was taliking about.... how to set up my mirc in order to recieve files without problems....

here is that site i was talking abou: -URL Removed-

Last edited by Mentality; 20/07/04 05:33 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
That URL provides irc:// links which lead to illegal files. As I said, we do not help with that topic on this forum. Stop trying to use mIRC like some file trading program, heh.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
V
OP Offline
V
Ok man I got it....sorry for all that.....

tnx anyway

Link Copied to Clipboard