mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
faulk Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
F
ok heres what I am trying to do: Basically what I want is like one of those scripts where u type something and it puts the name in for you. This is what I have so far and this is the way I like it:
i added the line n22=user:/say $$1 : in my popups config settings file. So what it does now is I have a user command when i right click on a name but the problem is it just says the name. I could add a static text after it but thats not what I want. Basically what I want to be able to do is have the user name appear before what I can type. so when i click on user it types the users name in the type box for me then i can type what i wish after that. im sorry that im saying this all confusingly and im not really sure if it can be done. i dont want to rip of any other script i want to make my own. if anyone has any suggestions id be happy smile

Nate Faulkenberry
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
I'm not sure which 'type box' you're referring to, but the command you are looking for is /editbox . type /help /editbox in mirc to read the syntax and use information.

-Venoman

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I hope I got the right idea for you here. Try this:

User: {
if ($?="type your text here" != $null) { say $$1 : $! }
}

When you type your message in, it'll send the message along. Also, if you cancel it or close it with NO text in the box, it wont say anything. Also, the $! is whatever you typed into the input box so you dont need to set a variable for it Hope this helps smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard