mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#90298 12/07/04 08:06 PM
S
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
I'm working on retrieving information from a listview from another program, however, I use this:

Code:
 ListView_GetItemText(hwnd,item,0,text,sizeof(text)); 

and the program with the listview crashes with a memory error. Anyone?

And on a side note, how would I find the hwnd of a window by only knowing part of the title?
like let's say the title is "mIRC wildcard"
and I just want to search for a window with "mIRC" in it...

#90299 14/07/04 08:38 AM
S
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
solved my problem. Thanks for the help mad

I'll be returning with another one shortly though, heh.

#90300 14/07/04 12:50 PM
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
Quote:
Thanks for the help

You're welcome laugh

#90301 15/07/04 03:44 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This isn't related but just aheads up,. I'd also like to make it semi public as it could involve more than yourself.

Freewebs was found to have adverts that exploit IE and Netscape with that serious exploit. The advertisements they use hijack your browser and steal your homepage. Such exploits are CoolWeb and About:blank hijack. I thought I'd tell you so incase you have repeatidly found yourself using programs such as SpyBot and AdAware.

An alternative is to either use a browser such as Mozilla or Firefox, or move your site. Again, just a heads up and not meant to scare. I tested this personally by cleaning my computer, visiting a freewebs site, and scanning once more. Nearly every time they have a advertisement take over the browser. If you are also thinking "there are no advertisements on the page", you're correct. But there is JavaScript code that runs when you visit the page, and that's the souce of the IE flaw, JavaScript.

Just a friendly heads up to yourself, and any other's who use/visit Freewebs service,

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard