mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Minkff Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
Is there a way to make it so that there is always a bot in a certain channel on an IRC network?

It wouldn't matter if it said anything, as long as it is always on, no matter what. This is because I have an IRC script for my website, and I don't want the first person in the room to always have Op commands and stuff. So any help out there? confused

X
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
X
simple way if it is supported on the network you are connecting too is to register the channel. some networks even offer "network bots" that idle in the channel, and perform basic to advanced commands/features. you may want to find the network help channel VIA /list and ask in there what types of services they offer. <free>

if they have none. you can get something such as an eggdrop. be advised most will cost something to use. google eggdrop or search the threads here im sure this has been mentioned before.

-cheers

sometimes these are as bad as quit messages :tongue:
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The bot needs to be hosted on a shell account. The best type of bot for this is an eggdrop bot - you can get a large amount of information about eggdrop bots and shell accounts at EggHelp.org. Remember that they will cost money, and it'll cost more if you want better uptime/quality.

Either that, or leave your computer on 24/7 on a cable connection!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard