mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Aeron Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
If i press the 'OK' button in the Script editor it saves the script on disk and memory.
If i do Menu==>File==>Save or Ctrl+S it saves the script on disk and memory.

But if i press the '{}' button it only saves in memory.

So my suggestion is:
Let the '{}'-button also save on disk.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I disagree here. I think the { } button should stay the way it is and have the two other save methods available. While I honestly cant think of a good reason atm, I like having the { } button do one thing and ok/file-save do another

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Perhaps turn the 'Help' button into 'Apply'. There's already a help menu in the Script Editor.

N
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
N
i agree with aeron, when i script i frequently use { } to update, but also i have made some major fudges regarding DLL use and crashed mIRC, causing all my scripting to be lost, it would be best to have { } save, or even a butotn next to it like {S} (s for save obviously)

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
See now this makes more sence to me (the {S} idea) than just redoing it blindly. I suppose the other way could be done with an option to revert it back to the older method for those of us who'd rather see it used that way. See, I only ever used the { } button to check for missing brackets and that's it; I never used it to save it to memory or anything like that

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
the only thing { } was ment for is aligning the brakets :tongue: just use ctrl S and be happy :tongue:

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
The first time I hit {} and had it update the script, I was so confused because I just wanted to align stuff, not make changes take effect. Personally, I would prefer having the {} button just do the alignment and check on {} bracket mismatches, like I thought it used to be.

If I knew now what I will know then... maybe things will have been different...
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Hell, I jsut hit the OK button to make changes when I know my brackets match smile

Link Copied to Clipboard