mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Wormbo Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Hi, I'm having a problem with the scroll wheel in mIRC 6.1x with the Logitech mouse driver 9.42.
Whenever I start wheel-scrolling in a channel or query window, mIRC keeps scrolling until it reaches the end or start of the list even though I already stopped scrolling a while ago.
This problem doesn't affect other scrollable things in mIRC like the nick list or the script editor, but if mIRC started scrolling when I hover the mouse cursor over the channel window and move it to e.g. the nicklist it will continue scrolling that until I move the scroll wheel.
The problem will go away when I kill the Logitech mouse driver's em_exec process, but that disables all custom features of my mouse driver.

I didn't try updating the mouse driver yet, but to be honest I don't want to do that because in later versions of the Logitech driver this nice "point and scroll" feature doesn't work anymore.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Newer drivers may indeed solve your problem, as I'm running v9.79 and it works ok. Btw, what is that "point and scroll" feature? My Logitech mouse is new so I never got to use the 9.42 drivers.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Wormbo Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
With "point and scroll" I mean that I hover the mouse cursorover the list or textbox I want to scroll and just scroll it wit hthe mouse wheel without having to activate it. For some reason I have to click on a list or text box before being able to scroll it with newer driver versions.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Ahh, that thing is really annoying! I had a MS mouse before where "point and scroll" worked fine, I miss it terribly. I didn't even know Logitech drivers used to have that feature... why on earth they removed it is beyond me.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I

Link Copied to Clipboard