mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Blarp Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
In both 6.15 and 6.16 I've noticed that the scroll bars no longer appear for the main program window when you move the subwindows out of the main program.

Is this a bug, or a feature :P

some days it just doesn't pay to chew though the leather restraints
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hmm, could you elaborate please?

I don't know what you mean by 'subwindows'. I have no scrollbar issues with desktop window when channel windows are taken out of the 'main' mIRC window or custom @window either. Could you give an example? Perhaps a screenshot? smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Blarp Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
When you move say a private message window or channel window past the edge of the program frame, scroll bars used to appear, in 6.15 and 6.16 they don't.
I've set up a screenshot at http://users.on.net/~blarp/Image4.jpg

the channel window has been moved past the right hand edge of the program window, a scroll bar would normally have appeared down the bottom, so you could scroll across.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I just thought that was an XP limitation, I guess not. I've tried it on 6.14 aswell and I don't get any vertical scrollbars, the same with 6.15 and 6.16, so if it is a bug, it's been around awhile. I do however see this behaviour in 6.03.

Don't know if this is a bug but personally I think there are only positives to having that vertical scrollbar. I guess we'll find out eventually smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Blarp Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Ummm, I'm not getting vertical or horizontal bars, I remember getting them in 6.12. The next update I did was to 6.15

I noticed this in the versions.txt file, for 6.13
39.MDI window no longer displays horizontal/vertical scrollbars.
not knowing what MDI refers to, I assume thats related?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Yeah, that would be it, I didn't check there grin

I don't know why it was removed but you may well find a reason with the Search feature. If it was removed it wouldn't have been for the sake of it, there's likely a reason it's been removed. On the upside, it's not a bug.

As an FYI, MDI stands for Multi Document Interface. Although..it does have other meanings!

(Changed!)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
In this case MDI stands for Multi Document Interface, a main window with a sub-windows inside.

B
Blarp Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Thanks for the confirmation on that, I have done a number of searches, I've found a few other posts asking about it, a number of posts of people wanting to change the color of the scroll bars, but nothing yet relating to why they were removed, (there was a post by Soul_Eater about writing some code to remove them)

But nothing definative, I recall them being a little inconvienient when they would popup unless you positioned the windows perfectly, however now that they are gone, I miss them :P

Anyone else have any recollections as to why they are gone now?

Link Copied to Clipboard