Print Thread
#89470 07/07/04 02:53 PM
C
Crut Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
Am not sure if anyone suggested that but anyone I would like to suggest creation of DCC Voice which as DCC Chat would alow people to chat but through voice convirsation. Its probably possible now by creating a specific dll and creating a dialog window for it, but it would be great if it was implemented in mIRC.
(All it prooly needs is binding ports, DCC/Voice in options(for volume and such.)
Cheers smile

"Rippers should Die"
#89471 07/07/04 03:07 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hey there,

A voice chat feature (and indeed video) is a very requested feature. Naturally, the technical side of integrating this into mIRC is complicated, and Khaled has not given his thoughts on the matter, nor is he likely to as he rarely comments on new features in mIRC.

One discussion occured here and here. You could also use the Forum's Search feature to search for more threads, there have been lots and lots concerning this. I recommend searching for 'voice chat', search the 'Feature Suggestions' forum, expand to 'And' for the search options and 'All Posts'.

I believe there are scripts that integrate simple voice/video features probably using external programs into mIRC - you could search websites such as mircscripts.org, mirc.net and hawkee.com for such scripts.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing such a feature in mIRC.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard