pasting "a<crlf>" results in confirmation
pasting "a<crlf><crlf>" results in confirmation
and so on

When set to confirm paste of 2 or more lines of text:
pasting "a" results in NO confirmation
pasting "a<crlf>" results in NO confirmation
pasting "a<crlf><crlf>" results in confirmation

"a" is technically 0 lines of text - there is no <crlf> at all
even then, there is no possible option to turn off confirmation of "a", but keep confirmation of "a<crlf>". Increasing confirmation from 1 to 2 lines allows both "a" and "a<crlf>" to be pasted without confirmation.

The behaviour was correct in prior, 6.14 version.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Not disputing whether its a bug or not, however..

With it set to 1 line confirmation:

"a" is of course, 1 line, regardless of crlf or not
"a<crlf>" is still 1 line because theres nothing after crlf and thus nothing to send.

With it set to 2 line confirmation:

"a" is still 1 line.
"a<crlf>" is still 1 line.
"a<crlf><crlf>" would be classed as 2 because the 2nd crlf would be on a new line.

Eamonn.

G
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
"a" would not cause mIRC to send message once pasted. You would still have to press Enter to add a <crlf>. Therefore "a" is 0 lines, or 0.5 if you may.

"a<crlf>" however is one full line (1.0) and immediately causes mIRC to send out a message when pasted.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Yes but the issue is not whether or not the "paste" will be sent anywhere, but how many lines there are in the buffer.

The following examples prove the above.

/clipboard A
//echo -> $cb(0)

- Returns 1 line.

/clipboard $+(A,$crlf)
//echo -> $cb(0)

- Returns 1 line.

/clipboard $+(A,$crlf,B)
//echo -> $cb(0)

- Returns 2 lines.

/clipboard $+(A,$crlf,B,$crlf)
//echo -> $cb(0)

- Returns 2 lines.

So in short, regardless of how many crlf's there are, there will always be one more line.. and mIRC check looks at how many lines are in the buffer, and isnt concerned whether those lines will be pasted into IRC or not.

Eamonn.

G
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Your understanding of line counting is flawed.
Even if it would be, there is no correct option to set for mIRC to not confirm "a", but confirm "a<crlf>". Increasing the confirmation threshold from 1 to 2 skips both cases at once.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
How on earth you can say my understand of line counting is flawed i dont know..

Your the one saying 'a' isnt really a line.. what is it then, an imaginary object? of course its classed as a line.. both $cb and even $read will confirm that for you should you wish.

I'm explaining to you how its working, if you dont want to except it, thats your choice, but this isnt a bug but instead how a line is interpreted (rightly in my oppion).

Eamonn.

G
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Fine, then tell me how do I configure mIRC 6.15 not to confirm "a", but confirm "a<crlf>" and more?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I'm guessing you wouldnt be able to since theres no direct setting and that is all interupted internally, you might try asking khaled to add some feature in the next versions that you can "pick" what a line delimiter is.

Eamonn.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
*GENERAL REPLY*

From my observations of how mIRC treats pasted text, I infer that mIRC doesn't count a line of text as a line until a carriage return occurs. I.E: You press the enter key, or the copied text contains a carriage return.

Therefore, by this inference, a line as simply 'A' is not a line until the enter key is depressed, or a carriage return is implemented in a copy+paste method.

I hope that makes sense.

Following the above inferences, it would be obvious that this is what the line numbers are:

'A' - Line 0
'A [carriage return]' - Line 1

If you really missed what I'm saying, its this:
A line of text is not a line until the enter key is depressed, or a carriage return exists at some point in a copy+paste event.

However, this is pure observation.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
G
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Exactly my point.

G
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Will this bug be fixed? Again, there is no way to set mIRC to NOT confirm "a", but confirm "a<crlf>". Increasing line confirmation option by one line skips both cases at once!

Link Copied to Clipboard