mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#88742 01/07/04 10:37 AM
C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
I installed a second mIRC client yesterday, and when I closed down last night, it was working fine.

I started my machine up this morning, and the second client will not work frown

I read, via google, that I might need to invoke it as mirc32.exe - If that is the case, how would I do it? confused

Thanks,

core

#88743 01/07/04 12:04 PM
X
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
X
I have this problem too.. Only way I know of is to go into its folder VIA Explore, expand the mIRC folder(s), and click on the mirc.exe.

If there is a better way I'd like to hear it also wink

-cheers

sometimes these are as bad as quit messages :tongue:
#88744 01/07/04 12:20 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Unfortunately for me, this still doesn't work frown

It opens momentarily, then closes itself confused

core

#88745 01/07/04 05:07 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I have several mIRC clients on my computer, all 6.15. Are they all the latest version? The mIRC.exe name must start with the abbreviation 'mIRC' - so you can't call it 'blahblahscript.exe' it'd have to be 'mircblahblahscript.exe'. This sounds like what you're experiencing from the completely inactivity of the mirc.exe file.

Try reinstalling and make sure you close all other programs when doing so, even the ones in the tray, perhaps the installer was corrupted in some way or an interruption occured (perhaps internally) when installation was taking place. You may also want to make sure the two dirs are in two separate places completely, not sub folders of a main mIRC directory.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#88746 01/07/04 06:00 PM
C
OP Offline
C
They are both 6.14 (I rarely download newer versions), so maybe that could be why...

Both applications are called mirc.exe - The one I just installed is in C:\mIRC\mirc.exe

The one which I have always used, is in E:\mIRC\mirc.exe

I'll try upgrading them both to 6.15 - That may help confused

If you can think of any reasons that it may not work, because of the info I just gave, please don't hesitate to post wink

Thanks for replying... Hopefully it will be sorted soon!

core

#88747 02/07/04 04:43 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
do they both open and quickly close or just one does that? you could rename one, both the exe and the directory name (and of course the path on the desktop icon for it). i have multiple copies/versions of mIRC all over the place, but each directory has a diff name, like mIRC615 or mIRCtesting, etc.
As said, there could have been an install glitch, its important to close any mIRC (and any other apps too) that you have running before installing a new mIRC.

Wouldnt hurt to run 2 or 3 good virus scans to be on the safe side.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#88748 02/07/04 12:25 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Its just the newest one that does that...

I'll try renaming it, and if that doesn't work, re-installing it smile

I'll post again, either thanking you for fixing it, or asking for other ideas grin

core

#88749 01/10/04 07:06 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I once again post having multiple client problems - I just installed 6.16 on an entirely new machine, yet I once again come across the multiple client problem - Any solutions?

core

Link Copied to Clipboard