mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
I already had this post ready to be posted until my power went out for a split second just a min ago. (Hate retyping it).

I have always been interested in the mp3 aspect of mirc ever since it was added. As I have learned more about mp3s and how to get the info out of the file about the mp3, I make scripts here and there just for myself to use this info. Now I wanna share it.

Genre: In mirc the genre count has always just been the basic 125 (0-125) genres. But winamp uses 0-147. I read somewhere, they (Winamp) added the 126-147, and I noticed mirc has never had this updated or added to newer versions. So I eventually figured out how to get this info about genre and allow my mirc to return those genres past the 125th mark.

Included in amost every mp3 playing program out there are other information about the mp3 files. Header info, id3v2tags, if its original etc... Well, I wanted mine to have that info too for a player that ive been making for years. I'd look on mircscripts.org and there may be a dll out there but not just simple smaller script. So if you can't find what your looking for, you have to make/do it yourself. In this script that I already had the other genres to show I added the ability for my mirc to find the headers, if the file is original or not, what emphasis it had and how may frames were in the mp3. Sure it took hours of trying to figure out how to get this info and researching on the internet about mp3 files, I finally got my mirc working so it can get that info I needed. I share this script with you all if you wanna use it or make it better in your own way.

The script and alias identifier is called mp3o the o standing for other info.

You can download and try it here: -URL Removed-

I know the scripting is crappy, ive used this way of scripting for years and i realy don't know how to clean up some stuff as well as other stuff. But im still learning, just been doing the mircing stuff for only 4 years. You think id know more by now frown.

Last edited by Mentality; 01/07/04 05:13 PM.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
We appreciate your willingness to distribute your work, and your willingness to help others, but this is not the place. If you have a script you would like shared, I would advise you try a place such as www.mircscripts.org www.mirc.net or www.scriptsdb.org Thank you for understanding.

-KingTomato
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
oh, ok so this section isn't about scripts and popups? K I won't share or talk about anything more about scripts and popups on the scripts and popups category here. I figure since mIRC scripting is part of mIRC and this section is about scripts and popups. It would be ok to post about some that people create and share code. Guess I was wrong. No offense but half the time mircscripts.org is down or hard to get to. You'd think it would be kinda reasonable to actually post about a created bit of code on the actual program's messageboard. hrm!

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
i see nothing wrong with it the are so many here posting
script archive like you did before with ms.org etc,..

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hey there,

This is a forum where we give help to others, specifically when they ask their question. There's a few problems allowing people to basically advertise their scripts even if that ad has good intentions:

- It gives your script particular attention and preference than other people's work.
- It gives off the impression that it's ok to post your script here, we don't want to see ads 'en masse'.
- It gives the impression it's ok to click on links that are posted by anyone here, I for one am not prepared to test every program/script that is posted here that the author says is useful and then reply saying 'Yes this script is safe'.
- It often starts flame wars or other minor arguments that are otherwise unnecessary.

I'm in no way saying this is "spam" in the pejorative sense of the word, but it is basically you saying "I've made this, I think it's useful, you can find it <here>". As KingTomato suggested you can post your project on the above sites where they can properly be checked over and reviewed.

Nevertheless, thank you for the goodwill gesture :-)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
hehhehe smile

you only saying this becuse you are a owner of a mirc addon archive smile

Link Copied to Clipboard