Print Thread
MTec89 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
from the help file
Code:
on 1:CONNECT:/echo Connected to $server at $time with nickname $nick
This triggers after mIRC connects to a server.

on 1:DISCONNECT:/echo Disconnected from $server at $time with nickname $nick
This triggers when mIRC is disconnected from a server.

how about one that trggers as soon as it starts happening (the event) instead of after?

on 1:disconnecting:....
on 1:connecting:....

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I see what your saying but,

what would you possibly want to "execute" on connecting.

And also, Disconnect in almost every circumstance happens immediately.

Eamonn.

MTec89 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
i have no use but SOMEONE could

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Well they wouldn't need entirely new events, just support for the ^ prefix with the two existing events.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Apparently, ON CONNECT is triggered only after the "End of /MOTD" numeric reply for a reason. I'd guess many servers don't send the numeric 001 so mIRC couldn't rely on it to make an "ON CONNECTING" sort of thing. But maybe I'm wrong.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
An ON CONNECTING event (or an ON ^CONNECT event) would more likely trigger when the server connection is being attempted, ie. right after you press the connect button or type /server.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
if you mean somthink like if you start connect to the server

on ^*:LOGON:*:,

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Yeah I'd say what tsoglanos has pointed out, that is applicable using ON ^*:LOGON (or at least it's the closer feature to the situation you've said). Using the halting char for an ON CONNECT event, or a new ON CONNECTING, to trigger even before ON LOGON wouldn't seem logical to me...

I was thinking more about the part AFTER the logging messages and BEFORE (or WHEN) the 001 numeric reply appears (or should appear).
About editing what comes right after you use /server, I've suggested before an way to halt its default message (since it isn't possible, I don't know why). You could then just make a /server alias, provided that K. linked the Connect button to it as well.

Last edited by cold; 28/06/04 05:00 PM.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
Yeah I'd say what tsoglanos has pointed out, that is applicable using ON ^*:LOGON (or at least it's the closer feature to the situation you've said). Using the halting char for an ON CONNECT event, or a new ON CONNECTING, to trigger even before ON LOGON wouldn't seem logical to me...

- The ON ^LOGON event doesn't trigger until a connection is already established with the server. I'm talking about it triggering just before the connection is attempted.

Quote:
I was thinking more about the part AFTER the logging messages and BEFORE (or WHEN) the 001 numeric reply appears (or should appear).

- For all intents and purposes that would be ON LOGON.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
- The ON ^LOGON event doesn't trigger until a connection is already established with the server. I'm talking about it triggering just before the connection is attempted.

That's exactly what I said about being able to halt /server messages, instead of any event - ON CONNECT is related to the MOTD reply, it wouldn't make sense there.

Quote:
- For all intents and purposes that would be ON LOGON.

No, ON LOGON doesn't assure it's an IRC server - hence its main purpose being related to IRC bouncers etc. It surely assures the connection itself, but it can't say it's IRC. On the other hand, ON CONNECT is meant to assure that. Otherwise it wouldn't be reasonable to have both events available. And what I meant is that ON CONNECT is triggered only when the MOTD reply comes.

Link Copied to Clipboard