Print Thread
P
Plasma Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Hey smile

I currently have a problem with clicking irc:// protocol links on the web, mIRC launches fine, however the server it connects too is valid, yet the port is always a strange high number, example:

<a href="irc://irc.bittah.com/tribes" target="_blank">irc://irc.bittah.com/tribes</a>

Launches mIRC with:

[2:40] * Connecting to irc.bittah.com (1242700)
-
[2:40] * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)
-
[2:40] * Connect retry #1 irc.bittah.com (6667)
-
[2:40] -irc.bittah.com- *** Looking up your hostname...

See the 1242700? Thats a bit strange... Even when I specify the port field (irc://irc.bittah.com:6667/tribes) it still fails - this number appears to be the same each time.

How may I correct this issue, anyone had this problem before?

Additionally, im wondering what the CTRL+L sequence in an mIRC chat window does - it places a red marker line across the screen (im assuming thats what its for, if you go afk or something to find where you last read) - but the position of the marker seems to be random (I cant figure out where it decides to put it, its just "somewhere" on the screen).

Any help on either or both of those questions would be appreciated smile

Cheers,
Plasma

K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
The position of the red marker is only updated when the channel (or query) is not visible while someone says something in it . Best way to test it: ctrl-l to get the marker, then let someone say something after you minimize mIRC. When you check the channel again, the red marker should be just below the last line you saw before minimizing. This should get you started, you can test for all cases like minimized channel window, channel window hidden behind some other window, mIRC not active app, ...

For your other problem, I have no clue, maybe check in options (ctrl-o) under Connect->Options what the default port is... It should be 6667 in most cases. If that's ok, then it's something else...

Link Copied to Clipboard