Print Thread
#88047 24/06/04 01:02 PM
C
cmad Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
C
I tried searching the forums with the util, didn't find any relevant results, so I'm posting it.

It may be called a bug, may not.

When someone joins IRC and he hasn't msg'ed or stuff that is viewable to my (or someone's) IRC client (i.e. my mIRC has not yet received any raw msg with from address), and you try to get his $address(), it doesn't work. I guess what Khaled does is make a hash table with addresses, and when you do $address(), it looks there; addresses are added there at incoming events. So if he has just joined IRC (not a channel) and you do $address(), it's in vain. Yeah there are some work arounds, but i'd like to see a "legit" solution to this by the next versions or something :tongue:

My ally is the compiler, and a powerful ally it is!
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
It's certainly not a bug, it's the way IRC works. The only way for mIRC to have a complete list of all addresses (without having to receive a msg from all of them) is to issue a /who upon joining a channel. This is what most scripts do anyway, but imo mIRC should never have it built-in as it is too bandwidth-demanding.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
From the mIRC help

A user's address is added to the list either when they join the channel, send a message to a channel, or make a mode change.

/help Internal Address List

one step closer to world domination
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Have you tried using $mask($fulladdress,5) as an alternative for now?

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
C
cmad Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
C
Okay thanks all

C
cmad Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
C
Well no reason, since plain $address is good enough for remote scripts for me; and $mask($fulladdress,mask_type) doesn't work with aliases does it smile

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Right, $fulladdress - as well as $wildsite, $site and $address without parameters - is only available in remote events.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Nope, it dont like to smile NO biggie, just thought I'd throw out a potential solutiuon

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard