mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I cant get on to #bw becuase of this message. I always went to channel before can someone help me with this. Thanks Much.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
That message means you need to be invited to the channel by an op (@) to enter it. This is done by a channel 'mode' called +i (invite only).

If you know an op's nickname then you can message one and ask to be invited in. Use /msg nickname messageHERE. If not, you're probably not welcome to the channel, maybe the channel has decided to set +i from now and changed it's policy to let people in.

Sometimes channels will set +i automatically (by scripts or bots) when they get a flood. Occasionally this will mode be forgotten to get unset - so wait a few hours and see if you can get back in. Usually an active op will wake up and notice that the mode is set and unset it, so it might only be a temporary thing.

Also check the channel's topic, type /topic #channel. It might have instructions on how to get into the channel (i.e. message a bot).

Hope you get back in soon :-)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
I have same problem. I messaged an op in the channel, but no reply. Any further ideas?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Some networks have a /knock command, but the majority do not. Ask in the #Help channel on how to use it and how effective it is. THe /knock command basically asks all the current ops for an invite into the channel.

Apart from these suggestions there is no other way to get into the channel.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
/join #bw-info and type !rules. The answer is spelled out in full.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Glad you got it sorted smile

Do be aware that this is not the case for most channels, in fact it's a very small amount of channels that will have a system like that set up. That has nothing to do with mIRC or the IRC Server directly, the channel ops have set another channel up and script up to tell you what to do, it is not a normal command that you can do with other channels.

Happy chattin' :-)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Not yet. Hopefully someone can help.

D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Thanks alot I will try that later when I have time. Thanks for all your replies.

D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I have made progress by getting to the bw-info page(server) but when I type !rules I get no response. Am I missing a step?
Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard