Print Thread
#88009 24/06/04 06:13 AM
F
Frog Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
F
I don't know why I waited so long before I asked about this..but, for some reason, after I upgraded mIRC some time ago (I forget to what version..) [I'm pretty sure it was when I upgraded it..] the script editor quit loading as quickly as it used to.

Now, when I click the little button, it takes a few seconds, when it shouldn't.

I know it's not my PC, I can play Unreal Tournament perfectly smooth, so I'm guessing there's some kind of problem elsewhere..would having too many scripts loaded at one time cause this delay? I don't think that's it either, 'cause the last time I installed mIRC I forgot to check one of the options and none of my scripts stayed loaded..and it still did it.

But anyway..if anyone has any ideas, mucho appreciated.

Experience The Void.. Are You Ready?
#88010 24/06/04 11:04 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
One of the more common reasons for this happening is when you have Norton Antivirus set to 'Auto Protect'. I don't know if it happen with other virus scanners, but it does with NAV. There is no workaround that I know of except disable NAV, which I don't recommend.

If you have lots of programs open or lots of "downloads" going on either on mIRC or with an exterior program such as KaZaa etc. then that may also affect it I guess. If that is the case, stop the downloading!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#88011 27/06/04 07:23 AM
F
Frog Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
F
Ah, that must be it then. I keep NAV on at all times. Very handy.

And now that you mention it..when I think about it, I recall this starting about the time we bought and installed Norton SystemWorks..so I'm sure that's most likely it.

Thanks much!

Experience The Void.. Are You Ready?

Link Copied to Clipboard