mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Hello, I'm a bit new with scripting, especially with mIRC scripting. Anyway...

I want to have a lurker script that can do the following: I'm in channel #chan1, and I want to know when some string in channel #chan2 appears. For that, I'd have a 2nd mIRC instance open, of course (I prefer that to an eggdrop, since I have several other scripts that run smoothly on that mIRC client smile). So, like I'd have to write "!wordwarn *[censored]*" in #chan1, and the other client with the script running would notice me with "'Chris smells like [censored]' has been typed.", when *[censored]* was written by an user in #chan2. After that, the event could be deleted. Maybe it would be good if the script allows more than one event, and could be used by several people who all can define their words they want to be noticed by the bot when that words appear in #chan2. But I guess I could add that myself later smile Hmm, the longer I think of it, the more possibilities of such a script come into my mind blush

thx in advance for any help
Chrish0r

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Firstly, You do know that the new versions of mIRC support multi-server in which case its not required that you open multiple instances of mIRC to connect to multi-networks or infact the same one (restrictions apply due to cloning depending on the network).

However, if you really want to open a new instance the best way of communicating between mIRC's is the use of "DDE", you can find it in the /help file listed on /help DDE.

Eamonn.

C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Yes, I guess I could do that, too. But not if other ppl want to use the script :\

G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
Hi,
well, the best thing i think u can do if u want to have 2 different mirc's running and not want to use dde

let your bot join #chan1

on *:text:!wordwarn *:#chan1:{
writeini -n warnwords.ini words $2 $3-
msg $chan [Added] $2 Into Word Warn Database
}
on *:text:*:#chan2:{
var %c = 1
while (%c <= $ini(warnwords.ini,words,0)) {
if ($ini(warnwords.ini,words,%c) isin $1-) {
msg $nick $readini(warnwords.ini,words,$ini(warnwords.ini,words,%c))
}
inc %
}
}

!wordwarn [Word-To-Warn] [ Message that should be messaged to nick (u can use $nick , $chan etc ...]

Last edited by Gods_Hell; 23/06/04 11:04 AM.

C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
thanks, I'll try to use that in my script smile)) I wrote a bit of it already, and some parts are even working, although my code is so ugly LOL

Chrish0r

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Try this one too.

C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
thx Online, that's exactly what I was looking for! But...I finished my own script *lmao*, which works great (still testing everything, error handling and stuff). Thanks also to FiberOPtics, his snippet (https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=scriptsandpopups&Number=91768&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1) gave me a good start. Especially as a beginner one doesn't know where to start actually, so thanks for that smile

But it has one good thing, now that I started scripting, it's really fun :tongue:

Chrish0r

Link Copied to Clipboard