Print Thread
#87494 19/06/04 05:07 AM
C
cmad Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
C
That's right, I'm sick of using lame alternatives such as timers and stuff to emulate thread-ed programming. mad

I was sure many ppl around here have thought of that, so I did a search for "Thread"; nothing (relevant) showed up, so I decided to make this post smile

Threads are very useful, I'm not gonna explain what threads are right now/right here, so either you know what I'm talking about or you don't. I think threads are worth adding to mIRC smile Or at least some pseudo-synchronization method.

- cmad

PS. Sorry for the angry post, but it's a bit early and I'm sick of adding all the boring checks and timers to my scripts.

My ally is the compiler, and a powerful ally it is!
#87495 24/06/04 04:13 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I have an idea of what a thread is, but would you mind to post some examples where you'd apply what you're suggesting?

* cold edits his posts 24/7
#87496 24/06/04 05:39 PM
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
theres several reasons threads have not been emplemented yet....

first threads add a whole new level of complexity to the coding it would require a COMPLETE overhaul of mIRC which i duno how familar you are with how bad that would suck for khaled, im sure he knows a seperate thread for the interpreter woudl be nice but have u ever used them urself? its relaly quite annoying to have more hten one thread since u haveta use all kinds of gay ways for them to tlak to each other and tell each other whats going on....

second i duno if this is a sign khaled is thinking about it or not but $dllcall is the only multithreaded thing in mIRC where it calls a dll in a seperate thread and waits for its return and calls a specified alias, this of course has helped tons...

i woudl 2 like to see more multithreaded things in mIRC but its just it would require the whole completely overhaul thing which i dont thing khaled is gonna do

hmmm signed by me

Link Copied to Clipboard