Pikka bird
R
Was I banned or somthing else?

Roman

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Read this thread and scroll down to where it describes Connection Refused.

You're not banned from the server or network, but it is actively refusing your connection. Try a server that is closer to your location, or just another server in general. For a server list, try the network's website - search Google if you don't kknow the website address. Whilst you're there, you might try contacting the network administration and say you're having issues connecting.

Do you get Connection Refused with every network you try? (Try irc.dal.net, irc.quakenet.org, irc.undernet.org and so on).

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
R
romVsen Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
I get that message only on specific server. Many other servers are glad to see me :-).

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I believe the Y-lines in the server's IRCd settings will be affecting it (Or I-lines?) and it's most likely due to location. You could, once connected to the network, use /admin servername.* and see who the Server Administrator is, and try emailing them about the issue. If you do, include your IP, hostname and location (country).

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Z
zaz Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
It could also mean that the specific server you want to connect to is no longer at that IP/Host. When you are connected to the same network try /links to see what servers are linked to the network. Also try /dns servername.here.com to see what IP resolves for the server you are trying. If the DNS has been changed to say 127.0.0.1 to stave off a DDoS flood then you will be trying to connect to yourself instead of the IRC Server. Since you don't have anything accepting connections you should get a "connection refused" or the more likely "connection timed out" error.

The error does mean that some machine is reachable at that IP address, but that it closed the connection after it was made.

zaz @ DALnet #mIRC http://www.mirc.org/ & #HelpDesk http://helpdesk.zaz.net/
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I get that error at all my connections and at all networks and servers.... I use mIRC 6.16, which I installed a few hours ago, and before I installed it, my previous version worked perfectly! I use WinXP Professional. Here is an example of the errors:
* Connect retry #92 irc.rizon.net (7000)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)
-
* Connect retry #93 66.45.234.200 (7000)
-
-

Here for another one:
* Connecting to irc.accessirc.net (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #1 213.64.91.190 (6667)
-
-
It just happens at all my tries to connect...

Link Copied to Clipboard