mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#8728 29/01/03 08:28 AM
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
I have 26 scripts loaded. They stay loaded for days, and over those days I open and exit mIRC. I've written all 26 scripts, and all of the rest of the stuff in aliases too. Why does it unload the last 3 or 1 scripts or so on start-up of mIRC? I've written my scripts, and I wouldn't be stupid enough to put something to unload them in there. I'm sure someone else has had this problem, and hopefully enough people have had this problem that this post will get some attention, instead of it being passed over and having to wait a few more years to have this glitch fixed. This is a old glitch Khaled has failed to fix I think.

#8729 29/01/03 08:16 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Yeah, i had the same thing happen to me too, want sure if it was a bug or not, at first i thought it could be a virus, so i virus scanned, my system was/is clean of infection, now i notice that some one else has the same "Scripts unloading themselves" problem, so now my thoughts are maybe it is a mirc bug.

ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
#8730 30/01/03 04:34 AM
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Let's do some troubleshooting to see if there is anything we have both done.
1) How many scripts are loaded total?
2) Do anyone of the scripts have same names? Obviously if they have same names, they come from 2 different directories at least.
3) Do you have anyone loaded from another directory? If you answered 2 yes, then this is yes obviously.
4) How many scripts get unloaded?
5) Does it unload the same scripts each time, or different ones?
6) Are the scripts unloaded always from the bottom of the list?

#8731 30/01/03 01:00 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Ok, i have about 30 ish scripts loaded, all for different reason, i dont have any with the same name, nor the same type of events, such as ON JOIN ( thats for my bot)
Yes they all unload themselves, not just some.

I also have a bot on my system, it uses about 15 of them scripts, and they kept in a different foolder, awayf from my own scripts.

I have mirc folder's on my system named
mirc/shadowdemon/scripts
and one called mirc/bot/scripts

All the scripts are original scripts, made my me, or somebody who helped me, and i have checked that theres no backdoors or anything, also added is an away script and clone scanner (not by me, i have checked them over too)

I`ve never had this problem with the bot, just my copy of mirc, nothing is hexed or anything, it`s a pure install of mirc.exe V6.03 however, i now think it may have something to do with how many scripts are loaded, maybe mIRC can only handle 20 scripts at one time, thats why i have no problems with the bot.

Thanks for troubleshooting with me smile i thought i was going mad, lol
ShadowDemon
Anything else, just ask

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
#8732 30/01/03 06:23 PM
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
I remember a couple times long ago it use to unload them all. Well, I think it may have left the original script.ini in the mIRC directly loaded, the 1st file. But I forget if it was blank or not.

#8733 30/01/03 06:33 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
i deleted the script.ini file, it was blank anyway, every now and then i check to see if that file is there, as some trojans/backdoors use that script, my mirc works fine for now, i re-installed windows xp pro (hmm might be another os issue as to why they unload, never had probs when i had win98 se) 2 weeks ago and had no scripts un-install themselves (yet)

ShadowDemon

#8734 31/01/03 01:04 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just out of curiosity, so they unload on each mirc close? If so, the mirc.ini file could be toggled as 'read-only' and not saving the script list to auto load. If they do, goto the mirc directory, right click on mirc.ini, and select properties. Deselect the read only check, and click apply. That should fix the read only problem, other than theat I can't help you. smirk

-KingTomato
#8735 31/01/03 06:47 AM
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
It happens in Win98se I think. I use XP Pro currently. So it happens in both I guess.

It can't be a read-only problem.

#8736 31/01/03 12:33 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
hmm, just had a thought, i checked my mirc.ini file and it`s flags are set as a not hidden or read or system, and common sense is that flag a is "Archived". anyways, got me thinking about some peoples scripts i been reading about, where they say that they use an .ini file as apposed to a .mrc file, and the file gets truncated, they lose a lot of valuable info, maybe it`s the .ini file that is getting truncated, thus it`s unloading the scripts, any thought on that ?

ShadowDemon

#8737 01/02/03 11:49 AM
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
G
Unloads happen to me with only one remote file loaded (mrc extention) apart from seperate popups and aliases files.

Link Copied to Clipboard