mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#87288 17/06/04 09:24 PM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Hey all, been a longtime since i scripted anything for my mirc..

gotta problem concerning keyboard shortcuts, dunno if its possible or if i need a dll, but what i want
is to be able to click on an icon from a dialog, but perform a keyboard shortcut

Heres what i have so far (test code before i put it into my real dialog)

Code:
dialog mremote {
  title "mIRC Remote"
  size -1 -1 284 198
  option pixels
  text "Launch mIRC's Remote Editor", 1, 10 10 180 16, center
  icon 2, 11 30 32 32, mircscripts.icl, 0
  icon 3, 85 42 155 116, mircscripts.icl,40
  button "OK", 4, 4 170 75 25, ok cancel
}

ON 1:DIALOG:mremote:sclick:3 {
   [color:red]<do stuff with shortcut here> [/color] 
}

I tried to change it so that it could open a dialog that worked, but i wasnt sure if a shortcut could be done,
i have searched teh help file, the internet and forums search come back with nothing, maybe its not possible

The shortcut i am trying to do, cos im lazy is one of the one within mirc itself Alt+R which is the script editor
sometimes i only have one hand free, and trying to reach across my keyboard, plus the icon in the toolbar is
way too small, i fancy having one bigger straight from underneath a channel settings/modes dialog i made.

Thanks to all who can help me, as i said not sure if this can be done, if not just say so, and i`ll have to think
of something else.

ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
#87289 17/06/04 10:20 PM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Get this snippet and use:

On *:dialog:mremote:sclick:3:{ showmirc -s | sendkeys % $+ r }

/showmirc makes mIRC the active window, to ensure it will receive the keystrokes.

#87290 17/06/04 11:40 PM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
hehe, yeah thanks Online for the help. grin

Thanks also to qwerty for the snippet (if indeed you are the same one that reads these boards)

/me goes off to finish a bit more of his script

Thanks
ShadowDemon

ps, lol i forgot to mention my mIRC version - V6.15, but anywhow snippet works and i can launch the editor
Theres nothing wrong with my toolbar, just my icons are a little small thats all, maybe its my display on a 17" monitor

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience

Link Copied to Clipboard