mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
B
I've seen the sticky @ the top about how mIRC will not be ported to OS X and this totally saddens me. I feel like hiring a programmer, pay the guy about $100-$200 and getting the chap to program a mIRC like MDI based client for OS X. Why?

I've been using PCs running Windows and Linux for the past 13 years and recently I have got my self a couple G5s. I've gone through everything out there from irssi to snak/xchat-aqua and none of them cut it...I always feel that something is missing.

One day I want to be rid of windows, but I can not see this happening as long as mIRC stays the way it is....

*sigh*. Is this a plea? Not really, I'm just saying mIRC is the best and I can not continue to exist without it, and ohh I registered my copy too wink

Regards,

Mike

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I agree mIRC is the best client out there. I too used to have to use a Mac with IRCle (also tried Snak, which I liked because it was most like mIRC) but yes, there was something missing.

Unfortunately, because Khaled is the only software developer of mIRC it's impossible to do all what he currently does and on top of that, port mIRC to another OS. I'm sure you understand this!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
I'd say irssi is the best one out there and I for one would like to see it ported to Windows smile

kristnjov, AMMM honorary bat
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
irssi is available for Windows - you just need Cygwin to use it.

T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
Then still I do not get why mIRC would be the better?
I mean making a MDI application is hard, trust me, I know.
I think the attractiv thing about mIRC is that it is customizable (<-- Is that a word?) to the maximum (almost!).

I have not tried Klient wich - they say - should be good, though X Chat for windows did suck, well I really didn't give it a fair shot but whatever?

.. Peace!

Better rule in hell then to serve in heaven.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
customizable is a word, yes :tongue: (If not, it's the most used non-existent word on the planet, next to innit)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Umm, hate to burst your buble Mentality, but THIS LINK proves you wrong lol Of course it's listed as a contraction, but still, it IS a valid word laugh wink cool smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
*gasps* Well, I'm English :tongue:

Edited post accordingly!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard