mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Marbire Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
I used to use Trillian to connect to irc.quakenet.org, for my clan channel, but now I dont use trillian, so I downloaded mIRC

I installed it, opened it up, put in my name and stuff, and then in the box typed /server irc.quakenet.org, and i get this msg everyime:

* Connecting to irc.quakenet.org (6669)
-
-irc.quakenet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
-irc.quakenet.org- *** Checking Ident
-
-irc.quakenet.org- *** Found your hostname
-
Ping? Pong!
-
User who needs educated in the concept of being a guest on someone elses service.
-
Closing Link: Marbire by xs4all.nl.quakenet.org (G-lined)
-
* Disconnected

Any ideas on how to fix this?

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Hi!

Please read this thread

M
Marbire Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Hmm? So you are saying I'm banned? Why would I be banned............ All I ever did was idle in my clan channel, and now I tried to do it on mIRc....... argh

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hey there,

As that thread explains, it's not related to mIRC itself. The G-line (Global network ban) is set by the IRC Operators of the network. Edit: Whoops, I tell a lie, there has been a specific reason given. Perhaps you have an auto-identify script of some description and it has been flooding Quakenet services? It's usually some innocent script that's gone wrong when that occurs, especially if you're using a BNC and you keep getting nickname collisions.

Either way, you will need to contact the Quakenet administration. They have their own special "Help me, I'm G-lined!" forum - you can find it here. The only option is to see what they have to say I'm afraid, but you should be back online soon as the problem is 95% of the time only temporary. The G-line may not even be aimed at you, but rather, someone who was perhaps evading a 'smaller' ban and now Quakenet have had to ban your entire ISP to keep them out. This is the negative effect of ban evading. Unfortunately, we can't do anything.

Hope you get back online soon smile

Regards,

Last edited by Mentality; 15/06/04 07:44 PM.

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard