mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#86449 11/06/04 08:34 PM
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
it would be good if u got rid of that annoying mirc popup dialog on start up hav a little check box in the corner like in mIRC v6.03 so it does not always popup up
also:
-better buttons
-were the connect icon is hav a little drop down arrow with the last three servers that u have connected to
smirk grin

:: DReam Worlds IRC/Msn Scripting ::
#86450 11/06/04 08:45 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
-if you are referring to the popup reminding you to pay, thats easily taken care of. Just pay for and register your copy of mIRC.
- "better buttons" is relative, my concept of better and yours prolly wouldnt be the same
-have you right clicked on the connect icon?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#86451 11/06/04 08:50 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The point of that box is to remind you that you need to register mIRC. If you don't like it, then register mIRC as you said you would when you agreed to install mIRC. mIRC is, and almost always has been, a shareware program. You try it for 30 days, then you buy it - as it's not crippleware and still works, the only alternative is to put up with it smile

I don't know what you mean by "better buttons" - the buttons seem fine to me and it's completely subjective as to what are good and bad buttons. If they were changed hundreds of people would want the original set back (me for one!). Right click the toolbar and you can choose a different set of buttons - either design your own or download another set at sites such as mircscripts.org.

The right click recent servers menu is a nice idea - there is already a 'Recent servers' menu but it doesn't seem to display recent servers but rather the start of the servers.ini file.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#86452 15/06/04 09:29 PM
T
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
T
Hey guys I have pais for and have registered for MIRC however I have a question on where I can get my registration key without going to the "Lost Key Site".
Is there a way to get it directly from my computer since it is already registered?
Thanks
TR

#86453 15/06/04 09:46 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You are sent it in an email. If you don't have that email anymore then you need to use the RegLost form. To the best of my knowledge, it is not stored in your computer anywhere.

If you can't fill out that form for some reason then perhaps try and remember part of the email address you registered with and contact Khaled about the issue.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#86454 15/06/04 09:50 PM
T
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
T
Yeah I know all that, got my email and sent it in, just did not want to wait as it takes a few days frown
But thanks anyways.

but wait, if I purchase it once can I use the same registration code on 2 computers or do I have to purchase a second liscence?
I will not be using them at the same time, but thought I would ask.

#86455 15/06/04 09:59 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Your registration is a single-user registration for your copy (singular) of mIRC. If you're going to be the (main) user of mIRC on both those machines however, then I believe one registration should be good enough and morally, you can lay at rest smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#86456 15/06/04 10:10 PM
T
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
T
Yeah I have it on my main computer I play games with but when I play games I would still like to look to my other comp/monitor to watch mIRC stuff, so I really would only be using one.
My other comp is a laptop so I may not always have it on.

Last edited by troybal; 15/06/04 10:10 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard