Print Thread
#85996 09/06/04 12:14 AM
M
megahut Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Everytime I go to the server I need to join Mirc crashes on me. I'm just curious if anyone can help me with this. I'm not using a firewall or any anti virus when I run mirc so it shouldn't be any of that. I do know that when I have tried to install it has always frozen on the final part but it is allowing me to use the program. I'm going to try and reinstall it but please let me know if anyone has seen this problem.

#85997 09/06/04 12:49 AM
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Hi!

Please specify:
-mIRC version
-OS
-IRC server hostname and port
-Any specific action to reproduce (join a channel, send a command, etc...)
-DLL or scripts used

so we can help.

#85998 09/06/04 02:28 AM
M
megahut Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
first issue is that I should address is the instillation. It get's to the last part about the ini files. and then freezes. i'm trying to download the newest version 6.15 and i've tried several download locations and same results from each download and I delete each after each try. I'm running windows xp. As far as the rest i'm wondering if it's an issues from the instalation.

#85999 09/06/04 04:12 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If installation freezes at the urls.ini file then you should still be able to connect to mIRC without an issue. See this thread for further help with that.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#86000 09/06/04 12:51 PM
M
megahut Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
thanks for that info i'm going to try running it again on the channel i'm supposed to join for a training program and see if it crashes again. All I did last time was setup the info like the directions told me to do and it would go to the channel and immediatly say that mirc has encountered a problem and will now close. I'll post after I try it again.

#86001 09/06/04 01:00 PM
M
megahut Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
ok good news it stopped crashing on me. I had to first go to the server wich is beyondirc then from there join the specific channel. Before I tried to jump straight to the channel and it would crash on me. Not sure if I have to do that but would be nice to just jump to it.

Link Copied to Clipboard