mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Synthe Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
When I quit mIRC and then restart it for any reason, it autoconnects to the last network I manually joined (which I don't mind), however it doesn't connect to all networks that I was on when I quit. I am always connected to two networks, so it works that when it starts, it joins network A, I then have to go to the File/Select Server and reconnect to network B, specifying new server window. Then later if I quit or crash and reload mIRC, it autoconnects to B, and I have to manually connect to A, vice versa next time.

So I guess my question is, is there a way in the default UI to auto reconnect to all networks you were on last time you quit, or if not, does anyone have the scripting expertise necessary to make something to do that?

L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
No way to do it through the UI, but it is very easily scripted, and you can even specify channels to start out with (or you can have those in the perform)
Code:
on *:START:{
  server irc.network1.net
  server -m irc.net-work2.co.uk
}

Just put that into a blank Remotes file (hit Alt+R, and then file -> New if there is something there. To specify a channel, just say -j #channel1,#channel2 after the server name.

/help /server for more detailed commands

S
Synthe Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Thank you muchly, sorry it took so long for me to implement, been a bit busy smile Worked like a charm for the most part, now if when specifying a group instead of one server, it would cycle through them instead of just retrying the first one in the group that failed... But anyways, that's a different problem, and I can deal with that myself. Thanks again!

Link Copied to Clipboard