Print Thread
#85570 06/06/04 03:12 AM
F
fphs Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
I've been using irc for about 2 months now and am getting used to how things work. However, earlier tonight I started having MAJOR problems. I could connect to a network/channel but then would soon lose my net connection. After resetting the connection I would log on to a different network and get the same results after about a minute or so. When I don't connect to irc, the connection is fine, it's only when I connect to irc that i lose my connection. At first I thought it might have been my wireless, as I've seen others having problems with connection through wireless, but I've been connected for almost 2 months now, so that wouldn't fit. I can still surf the web, for example right now, but if I connect to IRC my connection will be lost again.
Anyone know what could be going on?
--setup--
mIRC 6.14
XP Home
Linksys Wireless
Linksys Router
Comcast 3mb Cable

#85571 06/06/04 03:48 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Are you getting an error message when you're disconnected? If so please post the message as i'm sure it could help one of us better understand your problem.

#85572 06/06/04 04:01 AM
F
fphs Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
no error message to post, sorry. It's the internet conenction that resets and as a result I lose my connection to mIRC. But this only happens after connecting to mIRC. If I don't connect, I can stay online.
It used to work, now it doesn't. I've done a few virus scans as well as worm and trojan scans and no results. Check my open processes and have no extras, checked by on-boot star programs and there weren't any new ones. No changes have been made to my registry, so i'm fairly sure that it's not a worm of some sort giving me a DNS attack...
Anyone?>

#85573 06/06/04 05:08 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Ok have you tried using the Search feature on this forum choosing a keyword such as "Can't Connect" or something similar? Be sure to check all forums and all posts too. And my second question is do you have some type of firewall running that may be preventing a connection with mIRC?

Link Copied to Clipboard