Print Thread
#85409 05/06/04 02:31 AM
M
marilla Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I'm not a troublemaker or anything, but sometimes I would like to be able to leave with a fake ping time out or something. But if you type it in, it's obvious because of the 'quit:'

Could someone please tell me how to get around this. I had a script at one time called 'omega pro' that someone made for me that did it, but I've searched the net over for an addon or something that would give a quit fake and I can't find it.

If you know of a script that has it, I would appreciate that too. I'm looking for a new script.
Thanks,
Marilla

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You can't do that, the server adds the "Quit:", not mIRC. A script cannot change this.

M
marilla Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Well, I know the script I had did... perhaps he messed with the innards of mirc? He was a programmer.

#85412 05/06/04 02:57 AM
K
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
K
Um, you can do that.

The server does add that, but it only adds it if mIRC lets the server know you quit. Certainly with all the script kiddies around, somebody's able to edit IRC to quit in such a manner the server thinks you pinged out.

#85413 05/06/04 03:30 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Good point, but if you do that it ceases to be fake, since you actually have pinged out.

You can just block all data to the server and it will class you as having pinged out, nothing "script kiddie" about it.

#85414 05/06/04 03:31 AM
X
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
X
you cant script something that mIRC has no control over, (IRCd) maybe the script they had in the past did an echo that made it look like the message was changed? although you can usually "force" a pingout by disconnecting your internet service while mirc is connected to a server. (more a ghost than a pingout)

sometimes these are as bad as quit messages :tongue:
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Hi cool
Just one little note... If you use dialup just hung up and you'll get Ping Timeout :tongue:

velicha dusha moja Gospoda
M
marilla Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I don't, I use cable. I know ya'll think I'm weird wanting this.. but on more than 1 occasion it would have been helpful. And not for troublemaking.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
If it's convenient for you, just pull out your network cable, close the windows you want, and then put it back in again. That way you'll actually be pinging out.

M
marilla Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Thank you, I guess I can click 'stop all net activity'. It will have to work until I decipher how it is done in the other script I have.

Thanks smile

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
I think you will find that the IRCd addiing "Quit:" to quit messages (or halting them altogether) is a 'fairly recent' addition, which would mean that while this may have once been possible, it isn't now.

Link Copied to Clipboard