mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
I had been working on a script for several long days when I fell victim to this bug. I have found that it is easily repeatable.

While working on my script in the editor, I saved and unloaded the script after making some changes to the “on *:load:” section so as to test that it worked properly when loaded. I then selected the variables tab and noticed a variable that was no longer in use by any script and deleted the variable. The status line indicated “File: C:\mIRC\remote.ini”. With the variables tab still active, I then used File->Load->Script to load my script. The result was an empty file shown in the remote tab. The status line indicated my script file. Using a command window I looked at a directory listing where my script resides. Sure enough, it was there with a size of 0 bytes.

This is very easy to recreate. While viewing the variable tab, delete a variable and load a script, any script loaded or not. The result will be a blank script or whatever was left in variables.

Several days of work and over 500 lines of script blasted into the great unknown bit bucket. It makes one almost want to use a different client.

Using: mIRC ® v6.03

Buy the best and cry only once
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
--nvm -- I c what you are saying now >:P Took a while for me to proceess what you had said Maybe thats wat 2 hrs of sleep, and 3 days of work can do to you confused

Last edited by KingTomato; 27/01/03 06:06 PM.

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard