Print Thread
G
Gwion Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Hi,

Still new to scripting I have several wordwatch scripts now as well as a flood protection one.
Since it happens quite often that a user triggers such a script (especially the flood protection one) I am now
looking how to determine how often a user has been banned in a certain amount of time, msg the channel and then kick or kick-ban him (e.g. 3 bans in 5 minutes or something like that)

I would also like to ask how to combine scripts (e.g. wordwatch and flood protection script). Just putting both in one file didn't work but maybe I just did something wrong.

Thanks a lot.
Gwion

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
That's true. one script file can't contain two same events. if you have two similar 'On Text' in the same file, only the first one will work.

You'd have to either combine them into one event, or move the second event to an another file (Alt+R - File - New).

If you want to learn more about the way protection scripts work, try these examples. and if you feel you've got it, there's another great tutorial at mircscrits.org, which explains many other aspects along with the way IRC works.

anyway, feel free to post your code here.

B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
B
I'd prefer you who looks for tutorials&cool snippets to look at www.hdesk.org (official DALnet #helpdesk channel)

/Toby Johansson
Bibble - DALnet - @#FunnyWorld
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
So what exactly are we looking for? Yes weve seen that webpage on many occasions and often turn to it for scripting tutorials depending on the situation. It may or may not be helpful to some. but the tutorial Online suggested works as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard