mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Hagadol Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
H
I am getting knocked every 5 / 10 mins with thsi message.

Any ideas ?

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
i've just found recently, after upgrading to 1mbit dsl, same upload speed of 288kbps, when downloading large files at 120Kb/s i disconnect from mIRC every couple of minutes with that message.
I also disconnect from msim, on my case it's just the upload speed can't match my download, so the bandwidth gets sucked up on that and mIRC times out from the servers i am on.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
There is a thread just two above yours with exactly the same subject! See this thread as it has almost every suggestion people have thought of.

Marantz: mIRC was never designed to handle files that you'd need speeds of 120kb/s to "download", so it's unsurprising you're running into problems. I usually find that the majority of people that have connection issues are doing either 1) Lots of DCC "downloads" at the same time or 2) Lots of very fast DCC upload/downloads. mIRC is a chat program, the DCC protocol was designed for the exchange of small - normal size files. So 5 MB shouldn't be so bad - 300MB is.

You might also want to use the Forum's Search feature as lots of people have started separate threads about the issue rather than posting in the sticky, and have come up with their own solutions and ideas about the issue smile

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I never mean't mIRC itself for downloading files, i mean off the www
that's when i would get disconnected with that error message
i don't even use the DCC. shocked

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Sorry for that misunderstanding, obviously when people refer to downloading on these forums people are likely to assume you mean downloading with mIRC!

I doubt there is much of a solution to your problem other than getting a better ISP [package] or see if they can provide "bandwidth throttling". As you say, you also d/c from MSN Messenger so it's not solely an mIRC issue.

Nevetheless, I hope that thread or the search feature provide some help smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
and since i replied to the start of this thread, i just realised i'm not having the problem anymore lol
thank god for that it started to get on my t*ts
:tongue:

Link Copied to Clipboard