mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
f0rbez Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
Is it possible to get mIRC to automatically connect to a server and open the channel when clicking on a link? Rather than asking you what to do, I'd like to get it to automatically open a new connection to the server, unless I am already connected to that specific network. In which case, it would just open the channel on the current server. Can it be done?

F
f0rbez Offline OP
OP Offline
F
also wondering if when you use the favorites dialog, can it open a new connection and not interrupt the current one.

E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
if by Link you mean the link list you get with /links ?
then what you are looking for you will have to script your way out through, using customised window and getting links result in your window and choose which option you want on mouse click.

the reason you get all those options with right click is that mirc has to show all the possible options avaiable ...

if you cant script, there might just be some scripts already availble with this feature .. just a guess so try searching the web

E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
this might help too...
what you can do is to add certain functions on the certain servers from the " on perform "
eg. if you want to get on #abc on abc irc network
add /join #abc in abc network on perform settings.

(you can add as many things/perform actions as you want in that on perform dialogue for certain network, just make youre youre not flooding any network and avoid pass commands)

so when ever you click on abc.irc.net link and you connect, you would enter #abc so on an so forth for all the networks,

for all the help about favorites see /help Favorites folder

M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
He means irc:// links.

F
f0rbez Offline OP
OP Offline
F
exactly Magus. anyone know how to get irc:// links to open without prompting me?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I don't know of a way to do exactly what you want, but you can disable the confirm dialog by going to the URL Catcher options:

ALT+O > IRC > Catcher

Uncheck the box saying "Confirm requests".

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
F
f0rbez Offline OP
OP Offline
F
thanks for the help. unfortunately, that disconnects me from the current server. guess i dont have a choice right now. maybe for future versions though :tongue:

Link Copied to Clipboard