Print Thread
#84247 27/05/04 04:22 AM
X
x3d Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
X
is it possible if mirc could enable the colored nicklist.
ex.
10mynick <== the nicklist will have this colored.

thank you. hope u consider my request.

#84248 27/05/04 04:30 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You can colour nicknames, you can even colour them differently depending on what status they have, if they are on ignore, etc.

Press ALT+B and go to 'Colors'. Click on 'Add' and fill out the options you want. If you want all nicknames to be one colour, simply choose a colour and press 'OK'. If you want it to only apply in the nicklist, choose 'Listbox' from the drop down list. For it to only apply in the main channel window, choose 'Message'. Otherwise, choose the default option, which is both.

For further help, type /help nick colors in mIRC.

If this is not what you wanted, and you want colour codes to be accepted into nicknames, see this thread.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#84249 27/05/04 09:54 AM
X
x3d Offline OP
OP Offline
X
what i mean is we enabled ascii and control code as our nick in our ircd... all r working ok but in the nicklist the control codes are seen ... and its an ungly view..

#84250 27/05/04 11:35 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Yep, that's what the thread I linked to talks about I believe. Click on the link and read that thread for the opinions of some regulars smile

Do note, Khaled very rarely says what will appear next version or when that next version will be. The opinions of the people in that thread are purely that - just opinions, and bear little weight as to what will appear or not appear.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#84251 28/05/04 01:56 AM
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
You could write a script that would allow different sets of users to display using different colors.

I suppose if you wanted to do the work involved, then a set could be defined as an individual nick, but why? Only the system running the script would see the different colors, everyone else would see only the normal text.

I have a script that shows IRCops, channel OPs, channel Voices, and normal users in one of 16 different colors, but it doesn't even work on all servers.

I would view individually collored nicks as a vanity issue and an annoyance if it were to be implemented. At least with my script no one else has to suffer through my color choices.

BTW, I didn't write the script, so it isn't really "mine", and no, I cannot share it without permission, sorry.

#84252 28/05/04 02:27 AM
X
x3d Offline OP
OP Offline
X
actually i have wrote the same script as that... long time ago... and no its not that im requesting..
another ex.
his nick is 4nick ... then the one would display on the nicklist is nick
another nick is 2test in the nicklist it would display test
nicklist would depende on the nick itself on the status or anything...
because as of now the nicklist displays the control code... and i want to hide the control code

#84253 28/05/04 07:07 AM
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
I understood from the start what you wanted. I still think it unlikely it will get implemented, as there are already available methods of coloring the nicks without impossing the color on anyone else.

If there were a vote for nick coloring as you suggest, I would be against it, but I usually disable all color beyond a few anyway. I find too much color distracting.

#84254 28/05/04 03:19 PM
X
x3d Offline OP
OP Offline
X
yup... it would be an option for the user. or u can create another mode for a channel if u have that mode on in the channel user with control code or ascii cant join ur channel...
but other like color in their nicks (but ircd issue).

Link Copied to Clipboard