mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#83523 20/05/04 01:52 AM
F
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
im running mirc 6.14 and this is the first time ive had this problem i disconnect all at once bang gone no more mirc system doesnt crash but mirc is totally disconnected. im running winamp and omenserv also i have put in a channel talkmrc and it will all of a sudden corrupt in my alias i have turned on my monitor changes and it will ask me if i want to reinstall from a disk whats up with that i guess i need to do a clean install but i need to know if this is a mirc problem

#83524 20/05/04 09:24 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It's possibly a script conflict, perhaps OmenServ being the issue. I highly doubt it's WinAmp. Backtrack through any changes you've made since you started experiencing the problem, including:

- Any changes exterior to mIRC. Firewalls/AntiViruses installed for example.
- Recent scripts installed, especially if you didn't code them yourself.
- Any mIRC Options changed.
- Change of operating system or change of ISP.

Run a full system virus scan with a 2-3 virus/trojan/spyware scanners. Use the programs suggested here.

Also, try installing a fresh mIRC to a new directory (without deleting your current mIRC) - For example, C:\mIRCTest. Then run that clean mIRC that has NO scripts for say a day or so. See if it experiences any disconnection messages. If it doesn't, it's highly likely it's a script of some description.

It could be packet kiddies I guess. If you're involved in that kind of group, or if you've annoyed someone recently, it could be that someone has decided to attack you. Do you disconnect from other Internet services? MSN Messenger for example? Can you still access web pages with your browser?

You also said that mIRC doesn't crash but you disconnect. What's the disconnect error message? If it's 'Software caused connection abort' then see this thread.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard