mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#83463 19/05/04 03:27 PM
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
Is it just me or does it seem every time you pick up mirc you find yet another only half implemented feature.

Or rather, it's fully implemented, but the scripting binding/interface is half done.

The latest I found was the URL catcher - heaven forfend we be able to add, rename and otherwise use an inbuilt component without resorting to ugly hacks.

*sigh*
I would like to see mIRC script become a more standard scripting language - ie, everything that needs a getter, has a getter, everything that has a setter, has a setter. Uniform function calls instead of doing it one way over here, one way over there.
I know its hard to develop and maintain such a massive project, but mIRC scripting would really benefit imho

thoughts

#83464 19/05/04 06:54 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"Is it just me or does it seem every time you pick up mirc you find yet another only half implemented feature."

Nope, I'm very happy with mIRC. I understand that people want to use different features though and everyone has different likes, dislikes, interests etc.. However, what I use mIRC for it's perfect. Obviously there are bugs that need fixing (what program doesn't have that?) but it's easy to live with them, thanks to the helpers here that offer scripted workarounds. As has been said in various threads, workarounds are not a solution, but thank God for those people who offer a temporary one smile

I don't use the URL Catcher so I have no issues with it myself, nor do I do any "advanced" scripting or have any interest in learning to code in other languages so cannot compare mIRC scripting to other languages. There have been numerous discussions though about the 'neatness' of the mIRC scripting language....my own personal view is that people are far too fussy.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard