mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#833 10/12/02 08:13 AM
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
ok heres my problem, since i installed the NIMO codec pack((alot of video and audio codec's in a pack) dont gonna past the link here)) the mp3 sounds clipped in mIRC(clipping is sounding noisey if the song is on high volume parts in the song(like when a beat hits and you hear kgrrrr instead of boom, thats clipping)), if seen several ppl post about clipping /splay mp3 sound earlyer (i know it uses the windows codecs so here prolly is where the prob is), i think this might be the problem, if someone also has the codec pack installed and know how to fix it(like for example enabling the old style mp3 codec again without uninstalling the nimo pack) plz notice me....

i know this is not the right forum for it, but maybe someone knows how to fix it and helps alot of ppl with it..

#834 10/12/02 09:33 AM
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Visit the VCDHelper forums at http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/index.php. You'll more likely find an answer there, or be pointed to a better forum than this one.

#835 10/12/02 03:37 PM
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
i have incountered this problem befor with various codec packs for audio/video
there are two suggestions i cna make ...
1- Remove the codecs
2-Try decreasing hardware acceleration for sound
Control Panel - Multimedia

#836 11/12/02 03:10 AM
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
tymonk thnx for the tips,

i tried that hardware acceleration on lower didnt work, uninstalled the pack, worked fine, tried to install the pack again, gave a few options of what you want to install, reinstalled a few times with diffrent combo's and after i disabled the filters and installed it thatway it worked fine again the mp3,
after it i tried to disable per filter, i found out wich gave the problem in the pack, the AC3 Audio Decoder under directshow filters in the install was making the sound go weird, got it all fixed now, took me about 30 minutes of reinstalling the whole time but it was worth it:)

btw sorry for the sad spelling, i aint english or US er

#837 13/05/03 02:22 PM
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
cant find control panel multimedia I have w xp please help me removing the codecs

Link Copied to Clipboard