mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#82991 14/05/04 08:59 PM
B
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
I need to use mIRC with a proxy server and I don't know how to do it. Is it even possible?

#82992 14/05/04 09:07 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The mIRC proxy settings can be found in ALT+O > Connect > Firewall and by typing /help firewall in mIRC. Rather than reiterate on a document that provides a myriad of information, it's good to look at this document for further help with setting up proxies.

Remember that connecting through "open" proxies will probably get you banned from most networks/servers due to the abuse that often originates from them. Also realise that it can be a complicated procedure, and unless you're a little bit knowledgeable on the topic you may find it difficult to set up - not hugely though smile

As a bit of info for board etiquette, for the sake of people that may search the board in the future for help with this topic, it's a good idea to make the post subject something that relates to what you're asking about so people can click it if they think it may contain help. For example, "Setting up a proxy server" would be better than "I NEED HELP". Also, CAPS is considered shouting, and it won't get you helped any faster smile

Hope those links help!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#82993 14/05/04 09:10 PM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
In mIRC type /help proxy. Settings are located in "Firewall" section of the options dialog.

#82994 14/05/04 09:21 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
/help firewall and /help proxy lead to the same area of the help file smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard