mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
Opera Version 7.50 came out the other day - after much salivating on the part of most of its users.

One of the new features is the integrated chat client - we've seen this before with other browsers, but Opera is and always will be a very nice UI.

They haven't dropped the ball this time either. While feature lite, lacking scripting support and quite a few other things mirc users love, Opera is something that no other IRC client has done well. Its completely customisable in the looks department.

With a much more functional relationship between a contact on IRC, their information (address book) and an email client, you have something that's more communal that an IM but has stored messages and so forth. Sure beats the hell out of a memoserv.

Basically, I'm hooked - I'm just wondering what other people
's thoughts and experiences are in relation to Opera's new IRC client vs mIRC.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'll add it to SecureServ. :tongue:

Welcome back anyway, haven't seen you around for a while.

C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
Hey Watchy
I've been stuck in the hell pits of C++ land, committing code to sourceforge project's (ok, its one commit, but its shiny and special), running a blog, gearing up for the launch of my CMS framework that integrates with an e-commerce solution down here in Adelaide, preparing to talk my way out of moving to NZ with my gf, drooling over RDF and SVG, in particular co-depiction and FOAF, and, well, basically, validating lots of things.

I'm also churning out "website in a box" project sites for sourceforge projects, though I haven't done many - along with trialling interesting tricks to render XML with CSS and DOM in a working link format (but, no, aparently its not fair to use <xhtml:script src=""> in my RDF :S)

*whew*
What else
Gearing up to submit articles to phpcommunity.org, being a bum on Freenode, and otherwise being CloCkWeRX.

How about you? Same old same old?

Oh, and before I wander off topic - CSS styling of IRC is a godsend for the artsy types and Opera lovers.

See: http://home.no.net/polynar/opera/v7/custom/custom_chatcss.php

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You sound like you are busy lol. Same old story for me, yep - plodding along in the wonderful world of building engineering.

Link Copied to Clipboard