mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#82241 07/05/04 10:19 AM
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
Is there a way to automaticly accept downloads without having to always click on the accept button everytime? Cant i just have something in my queue and walk away from pc for a while and have the download start when its ready without my assitance?

#82242 07/05/04 11:22 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
/sreq auto

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
#82243 07/05/04 04:55 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It's worth noting that having auto accept on is quite bad practice...some IRC viruses are set to auto-send virus files when you join a channel, some even on a timed delay. You could (and it's not improbable) accept and even run a virus on your system. If you are having this feature enabled, for sake of all of us (as infected clients do affect us all) run a 1/2/3 good virus scanners on your system weekly/fortnightly and preferably scan every file you download. See this post for some good safety suggestions and resources for keeping your computer safe.

Also worth noting (yes, every time) that mIRC is not a mass file sharing program, it's a chat program and downloading (IF you are) mp3s/movies/software etc. is illegal and as aforementioned, often leads to you being infected.

However, if yer not downloading such files and what you download in this 'queue' is perfectly legal, good on you and I hope you have fun on IRC smile

Regards,

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#82244 13/05/04 06:46 AM
H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
This is a question i needed to know also but can anyone tell me where to put that command to make it work? Do i type it in scripts editor ? if so what tab? I have typed it in different various spots but still i had to click accept to get the download started, someone please help.I typed this command in, /sreq auto , i put that command into the scripts editor tab but nothing happened.

#82245 13/05/04 08:51 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I have to say i really am cringing at helping someone auto accept any file that anyone wants to send them frown However, /sreq auto is a command line. This is the command line equivalent of setting the DCC Send request radio buttons in the dcc options dialog. ( view-->options-->dcc) Its typed in any mIRC window, like where you type text to someone. The / tells mIRC you are typing a command and others dont see it. Please consider using the trusted user option, it allows you to add a list of trusted nicknames, addresses, or user levels, from which mIRC will automatically accept dcc sends.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard