mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
zack Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Z
I am not 100% sure if it's been asked before (a search didn't reveal any results), but here I go.

I live at university (well, on campus, I don't live in a computer lab or anything) and to connect to the Internet I must use a proxy server that requires a user/pass. I understand that mIRC has some "firewall" settings for proxies but these do not allow my mIRC to connect to any servers (I won't get into that).

What I want is an extra setting in the firewall settings to enable the proxy settings for sockets only. So any sockets opened will go through the proxy server (with a user/pass function as well). Without having to use the proxy server for the server and/or DCC.

Otherwise, if anyone can suggest a way of me connecting port 80 (or whatever) sockets through the proxy without having to re-write every script I make, download, or review for ms.org then I'd be a happy camper.

Thanks.

You won't like it when I get angry.
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
using sockets can cause problems security wise. i would suggest maybe getting a bouncer "BNC" which acts like a proxy but is mopstly used to get around firewalls and the such so that u can get on irc.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk

Link Copied to Clipboard