Print Thread
#81428 01/05/04 01:17 AM
K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
I need some help with this Script that'll do this:
When Someone Joins a channel it'll check if they're on the AOp & OR SOP List, and if they're not it adds them to AOp list and notices them that they've been added. I'm sure this is some kind of raw script, but I never really did learn raws.
Thanks, Krim.~

Want to Link Servers? PM Me
- EliteIRC.dyndns.org -
#81429 01/05/04 04:16 AM
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
No raws needed at all. Basically on join and on text here. I could make one for you but it's late and I'd probably screw it up and I don't have mIRC on this computer to check it.

#81430 01/05/04 04:34 AM
K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
Oh, Okay.. Well anyone else?

- EliteIRC.dyndns.org -
#81431 01/05/04 08:22 AM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
Sounds abit pointless if you ask me ...

You can add adressmasks to AOP list, (atleast on DALnet)

So why not just add *!*@* and be done with it ?

#81432 01/05/04 11:09 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
actually, adding *!*@* to dalnet's access lists is a violation of their AUP (services abuse). Second, adding everyone as AOp is completely and utterly pointless.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#81433 01/05/04 11:34 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Indeed, opping everyone is fairly ridiculous. Even if you are an IRC Operator, or have ChanServ to help prevent channel takeovers, why would you bother putting everyone (or some people) through the inconvenience of being kicked out all the time?

Nevertheless, if that's what you want, it's your channel and really you can do what you like with it (except if it breaks network rules as Locutus pointed out).

Slartibartfast pointed out that if you're planning to op someone when they join the channel, why not just preset an AOp mask that encapsulates "everyone" rather than wasting time checking if they're an AOp or not and then adding them? And what way do you want them to be added as an AOp?

If you're in the channel 24/7, then simply use /aop * #channel and you'll auto-op everyone who joins.

Ask in the #Help channel on the network you use, or contact an IRC Operator, to find out if it's against rules to add *!*@* to chanserv - as mentioned, it is on DALnet, as you can see here.

To put it in a simple script (which is not necessary, but just an FYI) you'd use something like:

on @*:join:#channel:{ mode # +o $nick }

and change #channel for the channel name. Due to the /aop command however, it's not necessary to make a remote file for it.

Hope this has been informative smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#81434 01/05/04 05:10 PM
K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
Thanks guys, I know how pointless it is, but I needed it...

- EliteIRC.dyndns.org -

Link Copied to Clipboard